Thursday, July 18, 2013

st geezy

I've decided that I love St. George. I really really do! And here's why.

I just had the best time ever at the Dixie State ID camp. It was seriously the greatest! It was two full days of college level soccer with really cool girls, awesome exposure to the head coach, and lots of info about Dixie and D2 soccer. I actually learned a lot and the head coach said I played well and she liked what she saw. Now that felt good.



We had individual training sessions, small sided games, tactic training sessions, full field games, a tour of the campus, a Q&A with the coaches and some players, and plenty of time to take a nap. See? BEST. CAMP. EVER. 
And I learned a lot of really awesome stuff that was really awesome that I really liked.
Here's a list of those really awesome things.....
1. I really liked the coach. She seems like she knows what she's doing and she has a solid vision of where she wants to take the team.
2. D2 soccer is just as much of a job as D1 soccer but it sounded FUN.
3. They travel to Hawaii to play. Hello....??? HAWAII!!!
4. They have anywhere from 18 to 28 on their roster which is pretty good. And the coach doesn't play the seniority rule. SCORE! I want to step on as a freshman and be an impact player. As. A. FRESHMAN.
5. They're still looking for 2014 players. aka me. Holla.
6. The campus has that smallish feel but it's not cramped. I like dat.
7. They have a cool library. What's not to love about a cool library?
8. I love love love St. George.

But for real. Playing there was awesome. And I felt so good about my efforts! Even though it was 3289602156 degrees at nine in the morning, I absolutely loved it. And another really sweet part of the trip was I got to be there with my daddy. We drove down in the challenger and when I had some free time we explored st geezy and chilled together. It was awesome. 

Here's some of the cool things we did....

//hiked the dixie rock. aka coolest rock eva\\


//view from the dixie rock\\

  
//saw the most amazing sunset at the temple\\

//jaw droppingly gorgeous and yes, there are 24 steps\\
 
//on the last night, we got some delish gluten, dairy, soy free yogurt and sat on the top of the mountain looking at the view. it was perfect. aaannnnddd it was my dads idea. well done dad, well done\\



//on the way home we took a pit stop at kolob canyons\\

I love St George so much. And if I wasn't so completely focused on soccer, I'd totally want to go to Dixie State. Let's just hope and pray that everything will work out with soccer so that maybe I will get to go there. But just in case it doesn't work out, I think I have my parents convinced they need to retire there. Perfect plan.

Well Dixie, you were too good to me. Catchya layta, playa playa. 



No comments:

Post a Comment