Wednesday, July 10, 2013

beach bums (part III)

OH MY LANTA THE BEACH. The salty water, the soft sand that gets everywhere, and the hot sun. Oh yeah, the most perfect combination. And Virginia Beach was the prime time example of that combination. I was so excited to hit up the beach that the entire night before and morning of I was constantly reminding everyone of how excited I was. I'm sure it was annoying but I just wanted to make sure they were aware of how excited I was. Because I was just SO EXCITED. 

So we drove an hour down the highway to where we would spend the day. And the drive was pretty cool! There were trees all over. (so much trees) And we drove under Chesapeake Bay! That was neat. How many times can you say you've driven under a whole bay??? Not too many.

Once we got there it was beach bum central. Everyone was walking around in their swim suits, and there were tons of little beach shops and cool food places, and there was just a fun/carefree vibe everywhere we went! We got ourselves some boogie-boards and a towel for the child that forgot hers....might've been me.....and we set out to find the perfect spot on the shore!

The sand was so soft. And HOT. It was probably 298340 degrees. Not exaggerating this time. We pitched our umbrella and took off for the water! And let me tell you what, it felt amazing. 

We relaxed in the sand, surfed in the water, soaked up the sun, and enjoyed every single second of the time we had on that beach. It was the best!




//lyndsey is NOT taller than me. it was a weird camera angle and she was standing on a hill okay? okay\\


As you can clearly see, we had a lot of fun doing the stuff you do at a beach. 

Even though the drive back from the beach was only an hour, I was absolutely exhausted and I zonked out in like, five seconds. Also, I'm a really ugly car sleeper. So enjoy yet another gem of a picture brought to you by my mother.


And here is the result of what happens when you refuse to wear sunscreen.... It's now three days later (yes i'm updating my blog late) and i'm still so sore and red.


//some mcnasty burn lines. it was worth it\\

It was honestly the best day of sun sand and water that ever was. And it was the funnest. My stamp of approval slams down hard on activity number two. WHOOP WHOOP FOR THE BEACH!!

ps.... how many times can I say the word "beach" in one post? Nine. I can say it nine times.





No comments:

Post a Comment