Saturday, February 8, 2014

signing day, whaaaaat???

Yesterday was a monumental day. (kind of) Abbie and I signed our lives away to officially become collegiate athletes!! Wahoooo!!! I was soooo happy all day and constantly smiling so much my cheeks hurt. 

A year and a half ago, Abbie and I were both in a tough place. We were really struggling with our soccer team and doubting our abilities A LOT. After a huge heart to heart (and buckets of tears) we both decided that we loved soccer more than anything, and it would kill us if we had to stop in the near future. We made a pact right then and there that we would work our tails off, get recruited, and make it to college level soccer, together.
So here we are, a year and a half later, and we're doing it! 
We are officially college athletes. 
It blows my mind still.
I'm so thankful for Abbie and for her determination and the example she is to me. She's one of my best friends and I know I wouldn't have made it without her! 

Now enjoy some pictures :) 




^^i was the only one aware that a picture was being taken haha^^

















^^abbie is a lot taller than me so this pic is mega awkward haha^^




Can I just tell you how lucky I am? Seriously, it's unreal.
I have THE best friends and family in the whole world. I'm so lucky that I'm surrounded by such amazing people who love and support me unconditionally.

I can't wait to move to Virginia to start my career as a college athlete. I know I'm going to have the time of my life! And good luck to Abbie! She's going to go so far in life and I'm excited to watch what happens to the both of us in the future. 

Cheers to college. Cheers to signing day. Cheers to being an athlete. Cheers to friends and family.

AND CHEERS TO BEING AN OFFICIAL SVU KNICHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment