Tuesday, February 18, 2014

vegas baby

Can anyone say.... "SECOND PLACE??"
Because I know I can! 
I can also say "Man, I love soccer." Like 50 billion times too.

I just had THE best weekend with my most FAVORITE people ever.
To kick off our 2014 spring soccer season, my team and I traveled to Las Vegas for our 6th and final Mayor's cup tournament. What a trip it was.

We have only practiced (in a pathetic gym) five times. And in the past, we've sucked at this tournament. So bad that we've never won a single game. Ever. So I guess you could say that we came into this thing with pretty low expectations. And right before every game I would repeat to myself, just have fun just have fun just have fun. BECAUSE I tend to get really worked up if we don't do so hot... BUT I think that's why it made our success so much more enjoyable. We were surprising ourselves with every game and just having fun! (reverse psychology? i dunno, maybe)

So here's how it went.
++First game++
We tied at zero against this team from Milwaukee. Played really well for our very first game of the season. Mom told me to turn my bull-dog on. It was freak-a-leaking hot.. but I like it like that.

++Game Two++
It started at 8:20 at night. I love night games. We won 2-0. I turned on my bull-dog like mom asked and it worked. I played way good. It was definitely one to be proud of.

++Third Game++
Quarter Finals. By this point we were all a little surprised that we hadn't lost yet. GO US. This was a hard game. Played in the midday dead heat. I wanted to die. This game ended in a 1-1 tie so we had to go to a sudden death shootout (not good for the nerves) and I was first on the roster to kick (also not good on the nerves). But I made mine! And the rest of my team made theirs too! (sweet hallelujah) so we won and were on to the semi finals! (what the heck?? direct quote from myself).

++Game Four++
We played this very same team last year at this very same tournament. And they beat us pretty bad. So I was out for vengance and it showed. This was probably my best game of the tournament. OUR best game of the tournament. We won 2-0 and I assisted both goals. It was such a fun game! We completely dominated the whole time and the other team was getting so frustrated. It was awesome haha. So yet again we were pretty astonished as we moved on to the finals. THE FREAKING FINALS.

++The Fifth Game++
It was at 1 o'clock. I had no energy left. We were all so exhausted. And 35 minutes is a really long time after four games. Seriously. We lost 8-0 to Canadian boys trapped in girls bodies. Hahahaha! Man it still makes me laugh at how ridiculous that was. But hey, I didn't even care. We got second place!

So that's the story. I love my team so freaking much! And I love soccer so freaking much!!! We played soooo well this weekend (im so proud of myself) and I'm so stoked that we were able to start our last season together like this. THIS IS OUR YEAR!!

^^some hotel room selfies featuring the ceiling^^

^^we are the four best friends^^

^^this is abbie in her natural state...^^

^^this pic is funny because we didn't win the trophy. and its a boy's trophy. haha^^



^^being donned with my second place medal^^

^^velocity or die^^


No comments:

Post a Comment