Thursday, January 30, 2014

lyndsey

Dear diary,
I have the coolest little sister in the world. 
But shhhhhh..... Don't tell anyone because I'm supposed to be the cool one. 
The End.
JK.

On the reals kids, I legit have the coolest sister ever. I absolutely adore her and think the world of her. I might not always make it that obvious... but trust me. She is the super star of all super stars.

She's freaking hilarious. 
The other day, I come home and my dad immediately tells me this story. My mom took Lyndsey and her dance partner, Michael, to dinner, and being the kid she is, Lynds ordered ribs. As soon as their food got to the table, my little sister dove right in with her bare hands and stuffed her face. My dad went on to explain that while she was eating, Michael just stared at her. After realizing what he was doing he said, "I'm sorry, I've just never seen a girl eat like that before..." 
SO funny. I laughed way hard at that one. And then gave my sister a high-five for being the coolest there ever was.
And that was one of many Lyndsey-isms that happen all the time. 
Another funny thing that happened the other day was.... I went up to Lyndsey's room to find my dad and I turned so I was facing her bathroom and right in front of me was "the stack". This affectionate name belongs to the most gargantuan pile of dirty laundry I have ever seen in my life. It made me laugh so hard.
^^it's almost as tall as the door frame. i mean c'mon^^

Lyndsey keeps me laughing HARD every day and I love her for it.

**************************************************

Did I mention she's a stud of a dancer? Seriously guys, she kills it every time. I've found my love in soccer and she's found her love in dance. It's so cool that we've both discovered a talent that we're not only good at (sorry to toot my own horn), but are so passionate about too. Lynds spent over 14 hours in the dance studio last week preparing for a competition. Like I said, she's a stud of a dancer. And sometimes, when we have to run errands on the weekend and it's way past our bed times, she even teaches me how to cha-cha through the middle of sams club. It's really fun and really funny and my mom almost pees her pants watching me try to do the wiggle. Good times, my friends.... good times. (hahahahaha oh the memories)
I love watching her shake her hips (haha) and I love sharing stories about dance and soccer with my mini me athlete. 
^^work it girlfriend^^

She teaches me how to be dedicated to my sport and I love her for it.

*************************************************************
Lyndsey has one of the best testimonies I've ever heard. Every fast Sunday she asks mom, "Can I go up there?" And without fail, every month, she confidently stands in front of the ward and testifies of the Gospel. It's been amazing to see how much she's grown and learned. I look forward to her simple words of truth every time. It warms my heart and helps my testimony grow too.

She shines with the light of Christ and I love her for it.

*****************************************************

This little champ teaches me a lot. Without even knowing it. She's kind and funny, supportive, understanding, and the best example. Sometimes I think that we were born out of order because I'll sit back and think about our relationship and say to myself, "man... I want to be like her when I grow up". 

But don't be fooled. Sometimes we really don't get along. This little chick can drive me nuts to the point of wanting to pull my hair out. But guess what? That's completely normal. It would be weird if we were 100% nice to each other alllllll the time.  

She's a punk....... But I love her for it.  












^^sass masters since 2007^^


 WE HAVE SO MUCH FUN.

*************************************************


I'm sure going to miss this goof ball when I move away for college. Thank heavens for skype and facetime.... She's my best buddy. My partner in crime, and my FAVORITE little sister.

I love you Lynds! You rock my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment