Tuesday, September 3, 2013

we are the concert kids

So basically, I have the coolest friends. And we do the coolest things. AKA go to Utah for a One Republic concert. Also AKA the most incredible band I've ever even heard.


So here's how it went. I drove us all the freaking way to Park City where the concert was. (can i just take this time to say i drove all weekend? yeah. that's what's up. champion status.) Since we got there like four hours early, we thought it would be oh so fun to go ride the alpine slide. So we bought tickets and waited in line for almost an hour and a half.... We got to the very front and I was sitting in the slide when all of a sudden they were like, "sorry you can't ride because there's a moose up there and lightning 3.2 miles away." WHAT THE HECK?! We were all soooooo mad. But we decided that the only reason we all felt like punching a brick wall was because we were so fetching hungry. Who cares about waiting in line for almost two hours for nothing when all you want is some f-o-o-d FOOD. So we drove like mad straight to cafe rio.

//the look of being so hungry we just might die\\

Then it was concert time so up to Deer Valley we went. It was an outside concert which was way cool. The place was so crowded and people watching was so funny all night long.

//that brown tent thing was the stage\\

Sara Bareilles was the opener. She sucked. She has a really nice voice when she sings, but she lacks any class. She forgot the words to her own lyrics, her songs are the most depressing things I've ever heard, and she swore at us! C'mon Sara. Whatchu doin'? We cheered when she was done, not because we liked what she did but because we were so glad she was leaving!

//this is how we felt about sarah's performance\\

I LOVE ONE REPUBLIC SO MUCH IT HURTS. They were perfect. And that's all I have to say about that.


//love love love love love love love love love\\

So after nearly losing my voice and falling in love with that stinking band over and over again after every single song, the concert was over and I was a happy kiddo. We then drove to Salt Lake to meet up with my parents and call it a night at the Little America. Whew..... Such an awesome day.

BUT WAIT. The trip didn't end there. That would've been lame. The next day we got all fancied up and went to music and the spoken word at the conference center on temple square. I love motab. They're some really cool old people. 

//we clean up nice\\

Then we ate some food (obviously). Then we drove back to Park City to ride that dang alpine slide! No lightning, no moose. And it was so much fun. Then it was time to go home. We blasted the best music the whole. way. home. and sang at the top of our lungs the whole. way. home. And it was so much fun

I like my friends. And I like One Republic. I liked this weekend too and I liked that it was such a cool way to end the summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment