Wednesday, August 21, 2013

extreme makeover... bedroom edition

After over a week of planning, preparing, carpenting, painting, hanging, stressing, sweating, and decorating.... my room is a completely different room. It's like a combination of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (because my room needed a serious face lift), What Not To Wear (because my room needed a serious face lift), and Flip This House (because my room needed a serious face lift). It is no longer a collage of all my teenage personalities thrown together uncoordinatedly <--- is that a word? It is now a coordinated collage of my near adulthood personalities. AND I LOVE IT! It looks so good guys.

The theme is.... Beach. It all started when my dad brought a mini surf board home to me from California. It was the perfect inspiration. And since I love the beach oh so much, I was like, "Yo. Let's make my room a beach room thingy thing." And my mom was like, "Yo. That's a good idea." So that's exactly what we did.

Check out the before...

//jb is just chillin in the background. it's whatever\\



My mom and I are such amateurs. It's ridiculous actually. Watching us try to figure out nail guns for a solid 10 minutes, and stressing out because the screws won't go in the wall all the way, and screaming because we're so frustrated with paint is really a sight to see. I'm just glad it's over with....

And here's the after........!

//pre decor\\




Life's a beach. And so is my room. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment