Wednesday, July 8, 2015

the rain jacket

When you're a collegiate athlete, there's so much to get excited about. Home games where all your friends are there to cheer for you, repping the uniform with your school name on it, a full intense 90 minutes, and of course the swag. Now I don't mean like personality ego swag (which can be part of it too), I'm talking about swag as in stuff. There's cleats that are your school colors, warm up shirts, practice outfits, sweats, socks, and of course.... The rain jacket. I know what you're thinking. What's so great about a rain jacket? Which was the exact thought I had when I learned we had rain jackets in our player packs and all the returners were getting excited about them. It keeps you from getting wet. So what? 

Well I'll tell you what. That rain jacket is the most comfortable, stylish, good looking rain jacket I have ever worn in my life. Which is saying a lot because I've worn a fair number of rain jackets. It's long so it doesn't get bunched up behind a backpack. It's lose and a little baggy so it's mega comfortable. It's light so you can wear it by itself if it's hot or layer it with a sweatshirt underneath if it's cold. And you can stuff it into any bag so it's the perfect jacket to bring anywhere you go. Seriously people. I'm obsessed with this thing. 

We were supposed to give them back to our coach, along with all the other gear we couldn't keep, at the end of the season. But we all begged him to let us keep our stuff until the end of the school year. Mostly just for the rain jackets. I wore that thing almost every day. It was like I was going to a funeral when I had to finally give it back! That jacket and I have been through a lot together and we share a very special bond. 

I can't wait to go back to school in just 5 weeks. I can't wait to have another amazing season of soccer with some of my very best friends. And I can't wait to get that rain jacket back. Trust me, if you could wear one, you would understand. 

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

hey rain jacket

Love you long time rain jacket. Don't worry, I will be reunited with you soon, my precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment