Friday, July 3, 2015

be aware

As I sit in my quiet corner of the world, examining the beauty all around me, one single thought keeps running through my head. 
GOD IS AWARE.
Just think about it. 
He knows I love the time of night when the sun is setting and everything is still.
He knows I love the smell of freshly cut grass.
He knows I love coconut ice cream. 
He knows what makes me laugh till I cry.
He knows how sad I get when I feel alone.
He knows how afraid I am of the future.
He knows when to send certain people into my life at just the right time.
He knows every part of me!

It's a little bit of an intimidating thought. But it's oh so comforting at the same time. It gives me peace knowing that I am so well known. Knowing that there is purpose for my life.

A few months ago I was in a really bad car accident. I was driving south on the free way in pouring rain. My truck started to hydroplane and I ended up hitting the median, rolling my truck, and coming to rest on the opposite side of the northbound lane. It was the type of accident that I probably shouldn't have walked away from. At least without some major injuries. All I had to show for it was a gnarly seat belt burn and a few cuts on my hands (and maybe a little bit of a bruised ego). I think about this experience all the time. Not because it's a horrible thing I can't let go, but because it reminds me that God is aware. He knew my mission here on earth isn't over. He knew I was going to need extra protection that day. He knew what to do.

So many times am I reminded that God is aware. I see little miracles every day proving that He knows what I need when I need it. And I think that is a pretty special thing to recognize.



No comments:

Post a Comment