Sunday, January 18, 2015

the grownup life

The past four months have been the best four months of my life. 
(Shame on me for not blogging about it before now.)

College is way too much fun and being a collegiate athlete has been an absolute dream. I've made some of the greatest friends who have become my family, and I feel like I've grown up in so many ways. I am a different person now than I was just a few months ago. It feels good being independent and being forced out of my comfort zone. This phase of life has been nothing but fun and adventure.
So my dear readers, sit back, grab a snack, a read the next zillion blog posts about my new adult life.

***************************************************

SO LONG IDAHO!!!!
I drove out to Virginia with my fam clan (longest freaking drive of my life) and moved into my very own appartment. Whoop whoop!

**my room**

This is my new home and I love it. I love living on my own and being totally responsible for myself. I am responsible for going to bed at a reasonable time, and for getting all my homework done on time, and for cooking food for myself so I don't starve, and for holding myself accountable to go to class and church. There is also a greater sense of freedom that I had not experienced until now. Guys... NO ONE BUT MYSELF (and coach) CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO. And that is the most beautiful thing in the world. 
If I want to stay out with friends till 4am on my birthday, I'm gonna do it. (not recommended)
If I want to go to DC with my buddies just spontaneously, I'm gonna do it.
If I want to wear sweat pants to class two days in a row, I'm gonna do it.
If I want to stay in bed all day sunday and do homework and watch movies, I'm gonna do it.
I love being on Sierra time all the time.

Okay yes I have missed my family. But I've only been really homesick like twice the entire semester. So I'd say I'm doing pretty well in that department. Plus it always helps when my cute mommy sends me fun little packages like every week haha. (I think she does it to distract herself from missing me too much). 

In a way, I feel like a different person. Even comparing the Sierra I was at the beginning of the semester to the Sierra I am now, I am definitely a different person.
 I've had to rely on Heavenly Father a lot, especially as I tried to figure out how to do things on my own. And for that I know my testimony has grown and has been strengthened. And that makes me excited! Plus being in a YSA ward has been really cool. It's a little weird and very very quiet (no screaming children), but it's really an awesome thing to discuss the gospel with people who are your same age and going through some of the very same things. Testimony builder? I think yes.
And even though I definitely don't act like it sometimes, I'm more mature. At least I think I'm more mature........... 
**Definitely not more mature**

There really are no words to express how great my first semester of college has been. So instead, please enjoy the many selfies of "grown up college Sierra"....
**just too excited to be here**

**the excitement of getting a package from mommy**

**the face of making air pop popcorn for the first time**

**swaggin in the library part 1**

**outfit on point**

**post shower ready to party**

**wolf shirts make me cool**

**I love soccer too much**

**the sarcastic 'I love bio lab' look (don't like lab)**

**selfie with a pinata because my birthday**

**pre-bedtime cheesin**

**black nails because I went emo for a few days when soccer ended**

**just a beautiful day to be going to class at 7am**

**the face that says 'don't hate me cause you ain't me'**

**selfies with Hufford was a daily thing**

**I woke up like this**

**SO proud because I made a cake**

**fall is cool and the leaves in Virginia are unreal. Also, class outside**

**the parkway makes me oh so happy**

**GO**

**Weights got me like....**

**college makes me fierce**

**swaggin in the library part 2**

**just happy to be here**

**sup Washington monument**

**them booties had me like**

**studying for finals day one**

**studying for finals day 4**

I love college. I love college. I love college.



No comments:

Post a Comment