Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Southern Virginia University

The most amazing thing happened on Monday.

I committed to play soccer at Southern Virginia University!!!


It just blows my mind.
I'm so beyond excited I can't even contain it!!!!

It all started in 5th grade when I went to my first soccer camp at BYU. I walked away from that week thinking I wanted to play college soccer. And as I've gotten older and fallen even more in love with this sport (i know what you're thinking. how is that even possible), that desire to play at the next level has only grown and gotten stronger.
I can't believe the day finally came where I was able to call the head coach of a university and say, "I would love nothing more than to commit to play soccer for you."
Seriously it's a dream come true.

I had my mind made up for about a week. And since we were on break I thought I'd wait until the following Monday to call my coach and give him the news. I rushed home from school, sent him a quick text to see if I could call, and as soon as I got a reply I was dialing.

 I had so much adrenaline and excitement in me that when he finally answered, I had the biggest grin on my face and all I wanted to do was scream and jump up and down. It was wild, kids. 
After delivering the greatest news ever (he told me i made his day) I hung up and just started laughing and making really weird noises.... I think I did this because I was on the verge of crying I was so happy. And who wants to cry in front of your whole family? Not me.

The very next thing I did was tell my closest friends and family. My homegirl Rose had THE BEST reaction to the news. EVER. Seriously, this is why we're friends.


Southern Virginia University.
Dang that's far away. But I don't even care!
Because I know with all of my heart that SVU is the place where I need to be for the next four years of my life. 

So there you have it everyone. Southern Virginia University is the winner winner chicken dinner. Ask me how excited I am because I will more than gladly tell you all about it. 

I LOVE SOCCER REALLY A LOT AND I ALSO LOVE THAT I GET TO KEEP PLAYING FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OF MY LIFE BECAUSE I HONESTLY CAN'T PICTURE MYSELF ANY OTHER WAY. 

That sentence needed to be all caps because it's basically the whole moral of my story.

I really really can't wait for college soccer though.





SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!


SVU

I'm still letting it all sink in.


I'm a committed college athlete.



Holy cow....


I love soccer so much.



the end 
(so crazy if you can't tell)




1 comment:

  1. Proud of you...you will be as asset on the field as well as in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete