Friday, January 8, 2016

new beginnings

I wish my life was like Gabriella's in high school musical. Actually, no. I wish I was Gabriella from high school musical. If that was the case, my new years could have looked a little something like this......

Instead of a little something like this.......

But hey.... we can't all be fabulous and have a delicious man serenade us for a hot minute. 

The point of this blog post is not to talk about the fact that my life lacks Zac Effron busting out in song. I want to talk about new beginnings. 
The most obvious one being new years. Hello 2016!!!
Now, I'm not your average resolution planner or goal maker. The start of a new year means something entirely different to me than deciding to become better or making a plan to implement a new change in my life. I believe that every day is a new start and if you really want to do something different with yourself then you can do that on December 13th or April 26th. You don't have to wait for the new year to start! 
New year new me? Bologna. I'm still going to be that same sassy and determined girl you people knew in 2015. Whether you like it or not. 

So here's what I have to say about new beginnings....

New semester about to start? BRING IT ON. I'm bound and determined to make this one the best semester yet. Less drama, more fun. Work hard, play hard. 

New season of the bachelor to watch? HELLOOOOOO BEN HIGGINS. If it's 8 on Monday night you can find me plopped on my couch, blankie and chocolate in hand, eyes glued to that tall dark and handsome hunk of a man. 21 ladies fighting over the same guy on tv? Now that's my kind of drama.

New job assistant coaching the local high school soccer team? YES PLEASE!!! I've decided that I want to make coaching my occupation. Whether it's being a soccer coach or a health coach or a strength and conditioning coach, who knows! All I know is that this experience as an assistant coach is exactly what I need to start my career. I can't wait for all the things I'm going to learn and relationships I'm going to build. 

My new beginnings are all about the fun things I have to look forward to in my life within the next couple of months.
So here's to a not-so-new-beginning. A fresh start every day. Continuing to hustle. And making the most of each new thing that comes your way.

Forget Troy. I like the Charlie St. Cloud Zac better.

black and white sexy wink hottie zac effron

1 comment: