Sunday, August 16, 2015

the endless summer

Well my friends, we are to the end of another summer under the Idaho sun. (or Idaho roof if you were like me and watched Netflix nonstop) From workouts to family night to having a job, I would say that this summer is officially one for the books. 

Although I did have a lot of fun relaxing and going to Crossfit every day, there were some days where it was all I could do to not scream into a pillow because of how bored I was. I got to the point where I would do three workouts in one day just to keep myself occupied.

So here's the deal...... SUMMER AT HOME ACCORDING TO A COLLEGE STUDENT:

1. Don't be afraid or ashamed to spend time with your family. They're most likely going to be your only friends for three months so let lose and be silly! This includes cousins, grandparents, and aunts/uncles.
Bowling night with my mom's brothers is always a party. With these hooligans, there is no way you can't have fun!

My sister might be the coolest person to ever walk this planet (aside from me).

My dad and I went to the Boise Music Festival this summer. Aside from sweating profusely and all the drunk people, it was a really really really fun weekend with my daddy.

Kylee. Raddest cousin on the planet.

Soccer games and shopping in Utah is too fun when it's with my mom and sister.

2. It's perfectly acceptable to travel. Go see the friends you do have if they are close by, make your mom take you shopping down in Utah (especially get her to pay for everything). It's nice to just break up the routine, even if you go by yourself.

My best pal Uri came to visit for a week so duh we had to show her some good Idaho fun. To to that we went hiking in Wyoming.

Boatin.

True beauties inside and out (at least that's what my mom says)

My other best pal Mac had her family reunion in Bear Lake so I met up with her and Ashley for the day.

These are seriously my favorite girls.

3. Binge on Netflix and nap time while you have a chance. If you aren't busy, and don't have anything else to do, take a nap! They help pass the time anyways haha.
My favorite spot to take naps was on this couch with my sweet doggy snuggled up on my lap.

4. Find a job that you love. The job I had this summer war really really good for me. They were flexible and didn't give me a boat ton of hours so I still had time to do other things. Plus it gave me some great job experience and I learned some very valuable things from it. However, I didn't love it and would probably choose something different for next summer.
Just taking a break from the workplace to grab some lunch. It's whatever.

This is what not fun looks like.

5. Take the time to work on yourself. Evaluate your levels of health and spirituality (and other things of course) and decide if the things you are doing will help you reach your goals. Whatever those may be.
Reading helps you achieve your goals. I did not enjoy this book though.

I also tried to improve myself by learning how to walk in high heels. Let's just say it's a work in progress.

Moral of the story..... enjoy your summer kids. Although it may seem like it's the longest three months of the whole year, they can also be some of the best. So live while you can, relax while you can, and enjoy every minute.

Now enjoy some summer snapshots.....
Longboarding around the river was a favorite.

The view from the green belt.

Hanging out with this spitfire.

Ball games with the family.

Mountain biking like a champ.

Supporting the US during the world cup.

Trying to convince her that I was mom's favorite.

Tubing with Ashley and Mac.

Golfing with rad cousin Kylee.

And eating ice cream before bed with my daddy.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment